Alright, alright; I've been gone for a while, and out of the Running game since I was just a kid. But I've got a few tricks of my own up my sleeve.
Let's start with the cons.
- Harder to travel at speed
- Harder to keep up with supplies
- Harder to avoid being followed/found
- Harder to find a destination
- Possible to get into fights and hurt each other - beating yourselves down from the inside
- Easier to sleep at night, as you can take turns on watches
- Harder to go insane - you've got friends to calm you down
- Easier to defend yourselves - three baseball bats and two tasers is better than one switchblade
- Less vulnerable - even the least intelligent Indoctrinated will think twice before attacking a group of five, alone
- More things can get done - true, splitting up ruins the point, but, for example, in a city, some of the group can make camp while others go out and get supplies